While it seems like Halloween just happened, Laura is already focused on Christmas. My sister suggested creating a Christmas Countdown Garland using leftover Halloween candy. It provides an easy way to meter Halloween candy consumption and transition into Christmas.
Here’s what you need:
– Enough pieces of candy for each of the days left until Christmas (here is a countdown clock to determine how many days until Christmas: http://www.xmasclock.com/)
– Plastic wrap
– Ribbon, rafia, string, or yarn
1. Count out the candy.
2. Unroll a section of plastic wrap and line up candy down the middle. Do not cut the plastic wrap. We worked in 3 foot sections.
3. Fold in the two sides of the plastic wrap and tie a ribbon between each piece of candy.
4. Continue the unrolling / tying process until no more candy remains. Cut the plastic wrap from the roll.
5. Find a home for the completed garland. Cut off 1 piece of candy each day.