This Christmas was filled with firsts:
- Jason’s first Christmas
- First Christmas in Connecticut
- First Christmas with just us + my in-laws visiting, no other family
- First Christmas where Laura was really into Santa and giving gifts
This year, our gifts weren’t lavish. Our preparations were simple. Yet I feel this was one of our nicest Christmases ever. It was a time of family togetherness. Some of my memories from the weekend include:
- Jason snarfing down the rice porridge my mother-in-law made for him.
- A reindeer pooping candy. My mother-in-law picked this up for Laura’s stocking. Laura thought it was hilarious and offered us poop all day long.
- Laura finding a puddle covered with ice during a woods walk. She asked, “Who put plastic on the water?”
- The oven breaking. Thank goodness it didn’t break until after the beef tenderloin was roasted.
- Jung playing Snack Attack with Laura. This game was Laura’s favorite gift